Peppermint Essential Oil is effective for digestive issues like colic, indigestion, flatulence or nausea. Used in oral care to strengthen gums with powerful antibacterial properties for throat, tooth or mouth infections. In toothpaste and mouth wash as a flavouring agent. With expectorant properties, Peppermint Essential Oil is used in cough and cold medicines and throat lozenges. Flavouring agent in alcohol and soft drinks.
Can you use Peppermint Essential Oil directly on the skin? We recommend starting out using Peppermint diluted 1:4 with a carrier oil. If you want to use it undiluted, do a patch test of 1 drop to see how it feels on your skin. If you experience a reaction to the oil, dilute the oil with a 1:4 ratio of carrier oil and try another patch test.
|Botanical||Mentha x piperita
|Plant Part||Leaves, flowers, buds|
|Colour||Clear to pale yellow liquid|
|Odour||Minty, cool, fresh, herbaceous|
Safety Information for undiluted Peppermint Essential Oil
- Combustible Liquid. Keep away from heat/sparks and open flames/hot surfaces – No Smoking.
- May be harmful if swallowed.
- Causes skin irritations. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Causes serious eye irritation.
- Toxic to aquatic life with long-lasting effects.
- Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- Avoid release to the environment.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN wash with plenty of soap and water. If irritation or rash occurs; Get medical advice/attention.
- IF IN EYES Rinse cautiously with water several times. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. If eye irritation persists Get medical advice/attention.
- Call a POISON CENTRE or doctor/physician if you feel unwell.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Flammable Liquid: Road transport only. Additional freight time and cost may apply. International shipping not available on this item.