Spearmint Essential Oil is a lighter alternative to Peppermint. The popular fresh minty aroma is used in air fresheners, soaps and cleaners. Flavouring agent in alcohol, food, confectionary and soft drinks. For respiratory infections Spearmint Essential Oil works as a decongestant, expectorant and anti-microbial. Used in oral care to with strong antiseptic properties to strengthen gums and minimise throat, tooth and gum infections. With powerful antibacterial properties, included in toothpaste and mouthwash as a flavouring agent.
Can you use Spearmint Essential Oil directly on the skin? We recommend starting out using Spearmint diluted 1:4 with a carrier oil. If you want to use it undiluted, do a patch test of 1 drop to see how it feels on your skin. If you experience a reaction to the oil, dilute the oil with a 1:4 ratio of carrier oil and try another patch test.
Flammable Liquid: Road transport only. Additional freight time and cost may apply. International shipping not available on this item.
|Plant Part||Flowers, leaves, bud|
|Colour||Clear to light yellow liquid|
|Odour||Fresh, minty, herbaceous|
Safety Information for undiluted Spearmint Essential Oil
- Combustible Liquid. Keep away from heat and open flames. In case of fire use carbon dioxide, foam, dry powder or water for extinction.
- Harmful if swallowed. IF SWALLOWED immediately call Poison Centre or doctor. Rinse mouth DO NOT induce vomiting.
- Causes skin irritations. Wear protective clothing and goggles at all times.
- Avoid breathing vapours.
- IF ON SKIN wash with soap and water. If irritation continues, seek medical attention.
- IF IN EYES rinse thoroughly with water and seek medical attention if eye irritation persists.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid during pregnancy.