The Complete Art & Science of Sausage Making
There are techniques and secrets to learning how to make sausage in the home kitchen. Making sausages is an ancient art that has made a remarkable comeback in recent years. Tania Reinhard explains the science to making sausages, taking all the guesswork out of it, making it a fun, safe and exciting project for any aspiring sausage maker.
Starting with the right tools and equipment there are step-by-step instructions that explain just how healthy sausages can be made simply by using the right ingredients and seasonings.
The Complete Art & Science of Sausage Making has an extraordinary variety of recipes with the best techniques from all over the world. Ingredients range from the classic pork, beef, lamb, chicken, and turkey, to wild game, fish and even vegetarian and vegan sausages.
Here are some of these tantalising recipes:
- Classics like Chorizo, Frankfurters, Salami, Keilbasa, Liverwurst, and Breakfast Sausage
- Pork recipes include Sicilian Sausage, Sage Potato Sausage, American Brat, Pesto Pork Sausage and Jamaican Jerk Sausage
- There is also a huge variety of chicken and turkey recipes like Chicken Parmesan Sausage, Persian Chicken, Turkey de Provence, Thanksgiving Turkey and Athenian Chicken
- The vegetarian and vegan recipes include Malaysian Satay, Sausage de Bologna, Greek Sausage, The Nutty Vegan and Lebanese Majadra.
- Meal planning is easy with complete menus and the perfect pairings for sausage. The expert instructions, techniques and tips are crucial for any home sausage maker.
About the Author
Tonia Reinhard is the Director of the Coordinated Program in Dietetics and a Senior Lecturer at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. She is also the Course Director for Clinical Nutrition at the School of Medicine at Wayne State and has authored several publications ranging from technical papers to articles for dietitians, health practitioners and consumers. She is the author of the bestseller ‘Superjuicing and Superfoods’.