This amazing soap is very easy to make and uses a simple layering technique.
Using our cold process quick method that we teach during our Advanced Soap Making class, it only took us 30 minutes to create this soap.
Suit up for safe handling practices! That means goggles, gloves and long sleeves. Make sure kids, pets, and other distractions and tripping hazards are out of the house or don’t have access to your soap making area. Always make soap in a well-ventilated area. Before you start, make sure you watch our Care With Lye tutorial.
- Mix your colours in a jug with a teaspoon of water taken from your water allowance.
- Bring your soap batter to a medium trace with your stick blender.
- Pour into each jug and mix well with a small whisk.
- Lay down a base of white, then pour the colours in circles on top of each other, evenly along the base.
- Then lay down another base of white and repeat. Don’t forget to use the back of a spoon when pouring to prevent plunging during your layering technique.
- Finish off the top of the bar with a few small circles and gently run a cocktail stick through the middle to form the patterns.
To make this soap you’ll need;
- Base Oils Pack (Olive, Rice Bran, Coconut, Sunflower)
- Titanium Dioxide
- Liquid Soap Colour Pack
- Fragrance Oil of your choice
- Soap Equipment Pack
- Old 4 litres Stainless Steel pot
- Kitchen Scales
- Stick Blender
- Wooden Soap Mould
Or get most of the ingredients and equipment in our Deluxe Soap Making Kit.
We loved how final soap looks and it smells amazing. Like opening up a fresh Clementine Mandarin!
Soap Making Classes
If you are not quite sure that you can make it using the video tutorial alone, then why not attend one of our soap making classes. We show this technique as well as many others during the workshop. Here are the details of all our soap making classes.