Note; the cultures in this kit have a best before date of 30 Nov 2019. However, use these guidelines for extending the usability of the starter culture.
SHELF LIFE OF CULTURES, MOULDS, and ENZYMES:
Room temperature 1 to 2 months
Refrigerator 6 to 12 months
Freezer 2 to 5 years
The Italian Cheese Kit makes six delicious, homemade cheese:
- Cultured Mozzarella
- Pepato, and
- Whey Ricotta
Make all of the cheeses, or make your favourite cheese 24 times … Our kit comes with 2 sachets of culture containing a total of 24 doses.
The kit comes with a detailed easy to follow directions demystifying all the steps in the cheesemaking process, and uses the time-saving, convenient and simple to use direct inoculation method, and can be used with regular full cream milk, straight from the supermarket, in easy to handle 4 and 8 litre quantities, depending on which cheese you choose to make.
This Italian Cheese kit contains:
- 24-page Recipe / Instruction Booklet.
- 165 mm Cheese Mold, or Basket & “Follower”. (This Australian made basket, or hoop, can also be used for Brie and Blue Cheeses)
- 200mm Dairy Thermometer, C° & F°.
- Two Reusable “Loose Weave” Cheese Cloths
- 250 gm. Cheese Salt.
- Block of Natural Cheese Wax.
- 1 Natural Bristle Wax Brush.
- 50 ml. Calcium Chloride.
- 10 Vegetable Rennet Dairy Coagulant Tablets
- 2 x Sachets of Direct Inoculation MOT 092 Thermophilic Starter Culture
(24 doses in total – from SACCO).
- 10 grams of Lipase
- Sample Duotest PH Test Strip.
- Two Sterile Jars.