The Lipase enzyme is used to enhance the flavour of Italian and speciality type cheeses. The active lipase enzyme will produce a specific ratio of free fatty acids as a result of milkfat lipolysis when added directly to milk.
- 20g or 40g sachet
- Helps create a mild “Picante” flavour.
- Use mild lipase powder to make Mozzarella, Asiago, Provolone, Romano, Parmesan, Feta and Blue cheeses.
- Usage Rate: Use as directed by your recipe or as follows:
- For 8 litres of milk, dissolve 1/8-1/4 tsp. lipase powder in 1/4 cup cool water 30 minutes before use.
- Add to milk 15 minutes prior to rennet. The amount can be adjusted to taste, not to exceed 1/4 tsp. per 8 litres of milk.
Lipase features in our Italian Cheese and Feta
SHELF LIFE OF CULTURES, MOULDS, and ENZYMES:
Room temperature 1 to 2 months
Refrigerator 6 to 12 months
Freezer 2 to 5 years