Lemongrass Essential Oil is included in cosmetic, fragrance and personal care applications due to its high fragrance component and ability to mask bad odours. Included in personal care products to inhibit the growth of germs and fungal infections. Lemongrass Essential Oil is used in shampoos and facial cleansers to decrease oil on your skin and scalp. Used in food and beverages as a flavouring agent.
|Plant Part||Stalk, grass|
|Colour||Yellow through to brown liquid|
|Odour||Lemony, fresh, earthy|
Safety Information for undiluted Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Combustible Liquid.
- May be harmful in contact with the skin. Causes skin irritations.
- May cause an allergic reaction.
- Causes serious eye damage.
- Toxic to aquatic life.
- Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces – no smoking.
- Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- Avoid release to the environment.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- IF ON SKIN wash with soap and water. If skin irritation or rash occurs; Get medical advice/attention.
- IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON centre or doctor/physician. Call a POISON centre or doctor/physician if you feel unwell.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid during pregnancy.